International Pharmacy Scholars Program
Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy is pleased to announce the 1st Annual International Pharmacy Scholars Conference, to be held on the scenic campus of Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama (USA) July 18th through July 28th, 2013. Space is very limited, and registration is now open!
- Program at a Glance
- The Conference will begin on July 18th. Participants should NOT plan arrivals prior to July 18th. The first conference meeting will be held on July 19th at 8:30 a.m.
- The Conference will conclude on July 28th. Unfortunately, housing is not available after July 28th. Thus, it is necessary for all participants to depart on July 28th. The program will conclude on Saturday evening, July 27th, thus participants can plan departure flights anytime on July 28th.
- The McWhorter School of Pharmacy will provide ground transportation to and from the Birmingham (BHM) International Airport and Samford University. Please email your flight information to Kim Eckert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All conference materials will be provided
- All meals will be provided. (NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions/food allergies which need to be taken into consideration for our welcoming dinner, please notify Kim Eckert via email at email@example.com.)
- Bed and bath linens will be provided
- Housing will be on-campus. All rooms will be double-occupancy with shared suite bathrooms. A very limited number of single occupancy rooms are available on a first-request basis, but are not guaranteed.
- Laundry facility access will be available. Laundry supplies are not provided.
What to Bring
- White lab coat for site visits
- Camera (*NOTE: Because of U.S. patient privacy laws, photography of patient care areas of hospitals and pharmacies is strictly prohibited. However, participants may photograph non-patient care areas.)
- Business casual attire (**a coat and tie are not required during on-campus sessions, and are discouraged). Please keep in mind Birmingham is generally hot and humid in July with the average high temperature being 91 degrees F (32.78 degrees C). Business casual is defined as long pants (No blue jeans/denim or shorts), and a collared shirt (either Polo style or button down style). Ladies should dress modestly, wearing long pants or skirts, (no blue jeans/denim or shorts) and a conservative blouse (no tank tops or spaghetti strap tops). Gentlemen and ladies should bring more dressy attire (including ties) for the site visits to area hospitals.